Lesson 3 Please send me a card
First listen and then answer the question.
How many cards did the writer send?
Postcards always spoil my holidays. Last summer, I went to Italy. I visited museums and sat in public gardens. A friendly waiter taught me a few words of Italian. Thenhe lent me a book. I read a few lines, but I did not understand a word.Everyday I thought about postcards. My holidays passed quickly, but I did not send cards to my friends. On the last day I made a big decision. I got up early and bought thirty-seven cards. I spent the whole day in my room, but I did not write a single card!
New words and expressions生词和短语
Notes on the text 课文注释
1 a few words，几句话。
2 lent me a book中，lent是“借出”的意思。我们常说 lend sb．sth．或lend sth．to sb．。borrow是“借入”的意思，常用的结构是borrow sth．或borrow sth．from sb。
1. Do postcards always spoil the writer’s holidays or not?
2. Where did he spend his holidays last summer?
3. What did he think about every day?
4. Did he send any cards to his friends or not?
5. How many cars did he buy on the last day?
6. Where did he stay all day?
7. Did he write any cards or not?
Fill the blanks
always spoil my holidays. Last summer, I went to .I visited and sat in .A friendly waiter me a few words of Italian. Then he me a book. I read a few lines, but I did not .Every day I thought about . My passed quickly, but I did not send any to my friends. On the last day I made a .I got up early and thirty-seven cards. I spent the day in my room, but I did not !
Tell the story
2. Last summer, -------Italy.
6. ----lines,but------a word.
8. My holidays----, but----cards-------.
9. On the last day-------.
11. -----the whole day-----,------not------card!
Topics for discussion
1 How did you spend your holidays last year? Where did you go and what did you do?
2 Talk about some of the things that can spoil a holiday.
3 What is the best way to learn a foreign language?